A simple App which allows to manage external links and add them via component to a page. It also have some very basic URL validation.
It does not yet check if an URL is reachable.
Magnolia CE/EE 5.3.6
What is getting installed
- A new Workspace (externallinks)
- A new nodetype (externallink)
- A Module (external-links-app)
- A role (external-links-base) which gives access to the externallinks Workspace
- A compontent (To use in your Project add external-links-app:components/externalLink
- If enabled some sample content
- A new point in the App Launcher (restricted to superuser)
What do you get
- A new App on App-Laucher
- Adding links or Folders with links in an App
- A Component. Choose between a single link or a folder with links. When a folder is chosen, all links in the folder are displayed. Sub-Folders are ignored.
- Full i18n (Author and Component)
What do you have to do after installation
- You have to add the new workspace (externallinks) to your subscribers (/server/activation/subscribers).
- Anonymous Role: Add readOnly to "/" for the workspace "externallinks"
- On Public Siteyou have to register the new Workspace in the Cache Module. Otherwise the cache does not get flushed after publishing a link or a folder with links.
- Find those setting here: /modules/cache/config/configurations/default/flushPolicy/policies/flushAll/repositories. Add a property with name and value: externallinks
Bug Report/ Improvements
Please report bugs or improvements here: https://jira.magnolia-cms.com/browse/EXTLINKS
- First Release
- Fixed EXTLINKS-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
To update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 delete the module from the Config Workspace.
- Markus Erdmann from esense for helpful hints and QA
- Grégory Joseph from Magnolia for helping with Forge and Maven
- Jan Haderka from Magnolia for his super groovy script, which allows to create apps very quickly: https://gist.github.com/rah003/3275be49f51ad0f0729b