This document relates to the "Lower the Entry Barrier" initiative, codenamed "Ramp".
Concepts which will be implemented in 5.4 have become children of page Concepts 5.4
Concepts to cover:
- Inplace editing of Templates & Resources: Access filesystem
- ConfigTree improvements. Extends insight. Template Extender tool.
- Enable frontend developers to create apps & fields with templates.
Inplace editing of Templates & Resources: Access filesystem
What if nothing was stored in repository?: Not templates or resources?
- Templates and resources do not get stored in repository.
- Admincentral apps load the files from filesystem for display.
- inplace editing - edits the files directly. (In exploded War)
Note: That does not work for JARS, the files cannot be written to.