Have a comprehensive overview of what/when/by whom has been activated and more. Provide it on page in AdminCentral and via JMX Console.
What will be monitored?
- No. of activations
- No. of simple page activations
- No. of recursive activations
- No. of activations for each user
- No. of activations for each workspace
- No. of activation errors
- No. of commited transactions
- No. of rollbacked transactions
- List of activated contents by each user
- Size of activated contents
- Size of activated contents for each user
What tools will be used for monitoring?
Monitoring will be based on JMX MBeans, which we already use in cache module.
We will need new page for monitor, i would put it under Tools/Activation monitor.
How that page could look like:
Storing all information about what has been activated and storing the same information for each user in memory would probably ended up with memory problems. Therefore we should go another way, probably store these kind of information in files (e.g. each user will have its own activation log) and after certain period of time clean these logs. I assume most of these logs could easily grow to gigabytes in a short period of time, in this case we could add job that will clean them when they exceed some size.
Is this logging also needed on public instance? If yes, why?
Should we log what has been activated? There is a similiar log in Tools/Log Viewer.
What other things we should log?