GREY Soft Locking provides concurrent editing capabilities. GREY
- Magnolia has no explicit moment when you enter or leave the edit mode
- We should not use jcr locking but a soft locks
- We could to use the preview button to toggle locking or unlocking
- The pages are always opened in preview mode and pressing the edit button toggles to edit mode (lock).
- The page polls then (by using ajax requests) and as soon no request reaches the server the the page is unlocked (no user action)
- If a page is locked you still see the edit button but with a warning. If a user wants to he can none the less enter the edit mode.
A) lock only if you open a dialog
- user A edits page x
- user B edits page x
- user B gets a warning about A editing the same page
- does user A get a warning about B editing the same page?
- user A is done with editing and saves page x
- does user B gets a warning about A having savd the page?
- user A clicks on preview
- does user B gets a message about A releasing the lock?
- Should this feature be a separate module or be integrated in core magnolia?
- for polling the server do we want to use
- an existing lib such as http://github.com/RobertFischer/JQuery-PeriodicalUpdater/ ?
- if so, what about deps on a js framework such as jQuery?
- cook up something ourselves, e.g. http://ajaxpatterns.org/Periodic_Refresh ?