Implemented in 4.1
Categorization module integrates with Data module to provide content tagging.
Official Documentation Available
This topic is now covered in Categorization module.
New feature to support content tagging.
We will need to get the statistics of tags across the site, potentially across several sites and need the ability to change tags (maintenance of tags). So a central storage of tags will make sense. A configuration option in the site should allow a site to use its own tag-store or share a tag store with other sites.
Once we have that, tagging an article basically means adding a reference to a tag. This would allow a future implementation to centrally maintain tags if needed (change a tag, merge tags).
We have decided to label this categorization instead of tagging to clearly separate the editorial approach from the much more dynamic approach of ad-hoc tagging
Be able to define tags for any content, search, display, get hits, tag 'inheritance'.
- tags should be defined per page (BK: tags should be definable on anything. For the moment, we will implement them for article pages, where they make a lot of sense.)
- Tag manager centralizes tag storage
- provide methods to search content with specific tags
- Use of jcr multivalue property
- Use the tag microformat - I suggest we implement a URI-mapping /tags/TAG that is used for the microformat and links to a page that list the content tagged "TAG" (configurable URI-mapping please)
- define the 'get hits', must be persistent (where?, how?) (BK: statistics are out of scope for the tags module, they should be collected independently)
- follow the prototype to display this tags: create a tag overview template, create new paragraphs for the clouds...
- display also parent tags at least two levels (BK: you mean you want a hierarchical categorization scheme? That goes well beyond standard tagging behavior and IMHO is out of scope)
- Tag manager location, within stk? templating? ...
BK: I suggest to use an entry under Tools, as this feature (cleaning up tags) is minor. In any case anybody can promote it to more prominence using the menu config
I think it would be best if tagging is a separate module, such that it can be used independently of STK, but STK of course will make heavy use of it (maven-depends on it)
Is a mixin the right thing to use? Any node-type (content object/dialog) could then simply add tagging.
In the prototype, the tag overview page display the teasers to the articles that are tagged.