The alternative to deprecated Sitemap Module is a Solr-based Sitemap as Indicated on the Deprecations Page:
As Magnolia allows Solr-based searches, we recommend using a Solr-based sitemap instead.
- Step-by-step integrating Solr in Magnolia and generating custom sitemap (a Magnolia Community Wiki page).
- Kevin Cowan: Generating a Sitemap from a Solr Index.
In addition to Step-by-Step integration Solr in Magnolia, you can use the solr_module to view the templates and use the Java class to get the Templating function to use in your sitemap ftl.
In git repository https://git.magnolia-cms.com/projects/SERVICES/repos/solr_sitemap/ there is a module which has the necessary templates and class to generate a Sitemap based in SOLR. Module has the following contents:
- Java class: SiteMapTemplatingFunction.java with the templating function necessary to get all Solr Indexes
- Decorations folder: to modify Travel Demo templates and dialogs to allow hide pages in Sitemap.
- Templates folder: with Sitemap template to use directly in Pages App.
This module is not located in Magnolia Nexus, but you can clone the git repository, generate the jar file and install it in your bundle.
Usage of the module:
You need to register the templating function as shown bellow:
Create the Sitemap Page using sitemap template from the module: