- URI2RepositoryMapping and VirtualURIMapping have very similar goal and functionality (i.e determine which repository node to use based on a URI)
- URI2RepositoryMapping and VirtualURIMapping have very similar interfaces, yet very different implementations and are not working "together"
- VirtualURIMapping need overhauling to fulfill MAGNOLIA-2343@jira
- Merging the 2 functionality under one single and clean interface
- Using mechanisms similar to Apache's mod_rewrite: rules are executed one after the other, and each has the possibility to interrupt the chain
- Order of rules if configured under /modules/xyz/urimappings
- RepositoryMappingFilter and AggregatorFilter would be merged