Maven is the easiest way to install the modules. Add the following dependencies to your bundle:
In addition to the core and apps modules, one (or more) of the translator modules should be installed:
Content Translation Support Extended (CTSX) enables you to translate content automatically over a translation provider ensuring a more accurate translation. Translation is done from a base language, typically English, to a target language. The base language should exist as content within your website or content app as properties. The target languages should be configured in your site definition. See Enabling multilanguage content for more information.
There are three translation providers to choose from: Google, Microsoft Translator and Translations.com. To make use of the translation functionality, a user account is required for the chosen provider.
A translator module connects Magnolia to translation services. The behavior of the service depends on the translation service selected.
Returns directly the translated result for each translation request.
Not support to translate the languages which contain the country information yet.
Does not return the translated result for each translation request. A second request is required to get the translated result.
Support to translate the languages which contain the country information.
Each translator has a common set of properties.
When true the content review process (workflow) is bypassed.
Definition class for the translator to be used.
The display name of the configuration in Magnolia.
Set the translator to be the default.
Enables or disable the configuration with
Implementation class for the translation service.
Translation Extend app
The module comes with the Translation Extend app which can be found under the tools menu of the appluancher. This app extends the functionality of Content Translation in the sense that translations can now automatized. It would still be possible to export those automatized translations from the Content Translation app after receiving them.
The app is made up of several subapps for managing translation files and submissions.
- Batches: In the Batches subapp users can
- Add a new or edit an existing batch.
- Submit a batch for translation.
- Get the history of the batch.
- Cancel a batch submission.
- Reload an exiting batch.
- Histories: Allows for viewing and managing the batch histories.
- Queues: Allows for managing the translation submission.
- Comparison: Allows you to compare between original value and translated value before importing or reject.
Once a batch is created it has a status. The status is visible from Batches subapp.
|OPEN||Created and not yet submitted|
|PROCESSING||Processing and waiting to be submitted or imported|
|SUBMITTED||Submitted to the translation provider|
|TRANSLATED||Translated by the translation provider and was received|
|APPROVED||The translation has been approved by the reviewer|
|IMPORTED||The content was imported|
|REJECTED||The translation has been rejected by the reviewer|
|REOPENED||Reopened after going through review step|
|EMPTY||The resource has no i18n items|
This module provides a workflow for users to review and approve translated content. If the setting
autoTranslationAllowed is true then the content is imported directly without a review step. Otherwise the content review workflow process is started.
The workflow is identical in nature to the 4-eye content approval workflow used for the Pages app. In this case the editor is the translation provider an the reviewer can be any person in the group. To configure your desired group, change the property here:
Workflow message views define how messages display in the Pulse during translation workflow. See Message view definition for more.
Message views are configured here:
Work item handlers
The mapping is based on the work item name which is added to the jBPM process definition. There are two handlers configured for the workflow process.
- approve: Handles importing translated content after approval.
- reject: Handler for content rejection
Work item handlers are configured here:
The core module installs three scheduled jobs to automate the translation process. The translation is submitted to the translation provider. In the case of Translations.com, a second request is required to retrieve the translation results. Finally, the translation is either directly imported or the workflow process is initiated.
The jobs are configured under:
executeSubmissionTranslationCommand sends translation submission request to provider.
executeGetTranslationCommand is for asynchronous translation. For translating services that require a second request to retrieve the translations you will need to use this job as well.
executeImportTranslationCommand imports the translation immediately or starts the workflow. The behavior is set by
autoTranslationAllowed property in the translator configuration.
What is exported and imported
By default, text and rich text fields are included in export files. Additional field types can be registered here:
/modules/content-translation-support-ext-core/config/propertiesToTranslateFinder. Add another property with the value set to the definition class of the field that should be included.
In addition to registration, the child fields of the composite field should have an
i18n property set to
true. It is not necessary for the composite field itself to have an
Magnolia uses Mail module to send a notification email to submitter in case of errors. The template provided is here. The notification email template is configured here:
This module is at INCUBATOR level.
- The frequency of the scheduled jobs may be high for most. For more information on how to configure the
cronproperty see: Cron Expressions.
There is a
NullPointerExceptionwhen translating multilanguage in Magnolia 5.6.6+. Due to changes on 5.6.6, the registered translators were missing after changing language.
Restarting the server will help to reload the translator. Doing so should help resolve the issue.
NoSuchDefinitionExceptionwhen clicking on review action in translation workflow after upgrading to 2.0.2 There was a missing update of the configuration for
messageViewsnode after consolidating translation comparison app with others.
- Version 3.0-SNAPSHOT
- Compatible with Magnolia 6.1
- Version 2.0.3
- Version 2.0.2
- EXCONTRANS-300 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-299 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-298 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-297 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-296 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-295 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-293 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-292 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-291 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-273 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Version 2.0.1
- EXCONTRANS-290 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-283 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-282 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-281 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-280 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-279 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-278 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-272 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-271 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-219 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- EXCONTRANS-214 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Unit tests added:
EXCONTRANS-288 - EXCONTRANS-284, EXCONTRANS-274
Version 2.0 - Initial release of the extensions version of the module.