- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Forge is our concept to encourage and support open source development around Magnolia. It provides visibility to your project, and a standard process to follow. Everyone is encouraged to share their code and ideas on the Forge. This includes community and as well as Enterprise users.
When we launched it years ago, we provided access to our development infrastructure. Now "the web" provides many great tools, and we've retooled the Forge to take advantage of this lively and familiar environment. So what exactly is "The Forge" today?
- The https://github.com/magnolia-community github organization. You will recieve permission to create and maintain a repository in this organization.
- Ability to publish to the Magnolia Forge nexus repository: magnolia.forge.releases.
- A standard process to create and share modules, based on a sample project: https://github.com/magnolia-community/forge-community-sample
- A wiki page so Magnolians can discover your project: Forge Modules
What can I share on the Forge?
Share any software that will help Magnolia developers or users.
To distinguish between products delivered by Magnolia International (the company) and third parties, please use names such as "Foobar", "Foobar for Magnolia", "Foobar (for Magnolia)", or "Foobar Magnolia Module"; whereas Magnolia International's own modules are named "Magnolia Foobar Module".
Maven specific naming concerns:
- Short name:
foobarwould be an example matching the above.
- Java packages: Your own package structure (
- Group ID: same as above; please use a groupID per-project.
To setup your Forge project for Maven, please review the instructions and provided pom.xml files in these two projects:
(Note: Both the Maven Archetype for Forge projects, and the Forge parent poms are deprecated in favor of the simplified approach described on the above projects.)
Bugs and feature requests can be reported here for current modules. However, we encourage Forge contributors to use GitHub Issues instead. Please migrate your existing project at your earliest convenience.
Forge Projects use the Wrench icon on our JIRA:
Do you have questions or would you like some assistance?
Please comment on this Wiki page, or send an email to email@example.com.