- Demo the Content Tuner app
- Get improvement ideas
- Andrew Warinner gave an overview of the Content Tuner app
- App does two types of checks:
- Preflight check before publishing a page, such as checking that metadata properties are filled or to validate HTML
- Live checks that requires a public URL (page must be published) as most SEO API services require.
- You can plug in your own checks or use a third-party validation services
- Easiest services to integrate are those that have a Web API that returns a JSON representation of the validation results
- Page scraping a web UI is possible with JSoup (Content Tuner uses JSoup to check rendered pages for meta properties)
- Advantages of the app:
- You can check a whole page tree. Performance not measured yet, you'd have to try.
- You can perform the checks automatically when you publish or save a page
- Ability to show only relevant validation results to the user. For example, don't show HTML errors to editors because they can't fix them. Show them to front-end developers. Tie visibility of tests to user group/role.
- Ability to click navigate from the results directly to the missing field.
- Ability to include the check in an approval workflow.
- Ability to export the validation results to Excel or some generic format.