- Antti Hietala
- Pat Hills
- Joerg von Frantzius
- Isobel Jones, American Express
- Michael Aemisegger / Michael Aemisegger, Quatico
Please see Magnolia docs for an overview of the Magnolia demo project: https://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/display/DOCS/Demo
There are demo-tomcat bundles and wars for community edition and enterprise edition. To find them - search our nexus (https://nexus.magnolia-cms.com) for the following terms. (For the enterprise editions you will need to be logged in to find them)
Bundles which include tomcat (making them very simple to get started with.)
I want to use the live demo to show Magnolia to a prospect but:
- Demo doesn't have all the modules. Only some features are demonstrable.
- Demo is reset every 30 minutes.
- Setting up a Magnolia instance on my own machine takes time and effort.
- It would be great if this was integrated into a regularly updated WAR file or docker image, featuring the current Magnolia version.
- Having the source code of this demo magnolia system available as a Git repo would also be very helpful, so we could quickly extend it when necessary.
- Update: It is available here: https://git.magnolia-cms.com/projects/MODULES/repos/demo-projects/browse
- Having a JIRA project to track would be helpful
- Update: It is available here:https://jira.magnolia-cms.com/projects/MGNLDEMO/issues/
- Magnolia has an internal ticket to deploy the current development state continuously on a test environment.
- Once the ticket is completed, share the mechanism and process so that partners can adapt it to deploy the latest release to their own infrastructure. (Antti)
- Idea: How about a pick-and-choose "bundler" where I can choose which modules I want to include?
Requsted features to demo
- new Stories App Update: (Will be available soon)
- new Workflow Editor
- Content Connector example
- I think training material contains a Flicker DAM connector
- alternatively, filesystem connector would demonstrate the concept fine as well
- Campaign Publisher Module
- Marketing Tags (Available now in enterprise bundle.) See: https://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/display/DOCS/Demo#Demo-Marketingtags
- Google Analytics Integration
- Content Dependencies Module enabled in page properties
- External Forms module
- Shop integration
- Shop module in order to stay self-contained and not to prefer a certain product?
- makes sense only with demo content?
- Commenting module
- also enabled on some page in the demo content