The Form2DB App is a community developed app that saves form data via formprocessor into jcr and keeps the possibility to export all entrys into XLS.
Version 1.0 (released Jun. '14 ) features list:
Provides a form-processor to save data into the workspace form2db
Add a workspace form2db
Add a custom app with excel export feature
- Version 1.0.2: I've added the support to upload and download attachments of a form
- Version 1.0.3: Fixed a big bug with nodetype errors.
- Version 1.0.8: Add Attachments to Form Processor
- Version 1.1.0: Support for Magnolia 5.4.x
- Version 1.1.1: Fixed problem that uuid was not generated
- Version 1.1.2: Added dam asset editing support to Form2DB app
- Version 1.1.3: Added image preview
- Version 1.2: Configurable structure from pages, Excel Exports fields according to the field order, Code cleanup, Bugfixes
Thanks for contribution:
A big thank you goes to Frank Sommer and his Team around Aperto, they helped to make the module more stable and adds some good ideas.
Install into an existing project
Jar files can be found on Magnolia Nexus. To add the app using module dependencies:
The Module works with minimum Magnolia 5.4.x
PLEASE NOTE: Use a cluster configuration for the workspace form2db. Otherwise you will only find new entrys in the public instance.
How does it work?
Add a new form processor to your form and use the class:
After you submit your form you should see it as an entry in the Form Database app.
You can export all entrys of a single form OR export one single entry to excel.
Update Nodes from Version 1.1.x
In version <1.2 we only provided a flat structure. With Version 1.2 we added a configuration parameter in the module jcr config where you switch to a new structure that represents the page structure. It's recommended to use this new structure for new projects. For old projects you can switch it to true.
We also provide a checkbox in the form dialog to start and stop storing. You can find it on an extra tab. If you want to update please add this checkbox to all dialogs and check them. Otherwise it will be not stored in the database.
Feel Free to give me an idea how that module can be more useful for your projects.