The External Links is an App which allows you to manage your external links and add them via component to a page.
Magnolia CE/EE 5.3.6
- Link Syntax Validation: Checks in the Dialog if the Link Syntax is valid (see Screenshots). For validation the Methods from Apache Commons are used (http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-validator/apidocs/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/UrlValidator.html). The Methods are imported in the Module, there are no dependencies to other Jars.
- Link Checker: after adding/editing a link and also available as a action, the URL is fetched and the response code is shown in the App. Bulk checks are possible. Following response codes are handled within the app and show icons:
- 200 OK
- 301 Moved Permanently
- 401 Unauthorized
- 403 Forbidden
- 404 Not Found
- 500 Internal Server Error
What is getting installed
- A new Workspace (externallinks)
- A new nodetype (externallink)
- A Module (external-links-app)
- A role (external-links-base) which gives access (RW) to the externallinks Workspace
- A component. To use in your Project add external-links-app:components/externalLink
- If enabled some sample content
- A new point in the App Launcher (restricted to superuser)
What do you get
- A new App on App-Laucher
- Adding links or Folders with links in an App
- A Component. Choose between a single link or a folder with links. When a folder is chosen, all links in the folder are displayed. Sub-Folders are ignored.
- Full i18n (Author and Component)
What do you have to do after installation
- You have to add the new workspace (externallinks) to your subscribers (/server/activation/subscribers).
- Anonymous Role: Add readOnly to "/" for the workspace "externallinks"
- Register the new Workspace in the Cache Module. Otherwise the cache does not get flushed after publishing a link or a folder with links.
- Find those setting here: /modules/cache/config/configurations/default/flushPolicy/policies/flushAll/repositories. Add a property with name and value: externallinks
Supported author languages
Bug Report/ Improvements
Please report bugs or improvements here: https://jira.magnolia-cms.com/browse/EXTLINKS
Since there is no Module Update Handler yet, if you want to update to a new version, please delete the current installed module from the Config Workspace (Author and Public).
- First Release
- Fixed EXTLINKS-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Better Link Syntax Validator
- Link Checker
- Sample Links
- Markus Erdmann from esense for helpful hints and QA
- Grégory Joseph from Magnolia for helping with Forge and Maven
- Jan Haderka from Magnolia for his super groovy script, which allows to create apps very quickly: https://gist.github.com/rah003/3275be49f51ad0f0729b
authenticated, read-write: https://git.magnolia-cms.com/git/forge/magnolia-external-links-app.git