Maven is the easiest way to install the module. Add the following dependency to your bundle:
Start by configuring the variation sets according to the screen resolutions you wish to target. The set the focal points of the images.
Define the images variations
Here is a sample of a variation set for the dam workspace. A resolution for mobile, tablet, and default have been configured.
optional, required if
The minimum height of the focal area in pixel.
optional, required if
The minimum width of the focal area in pixel.
The display ratio of the focal area.
Limit the size of the images in the editor
By default, the max width and the max height of the images in the editor are respectively 1024px and 768px. You can change these values as following:
The maximum image width allowed in the editor.
The maximum image height allowed in the editor.
From the assets app, select a image and press
Edit asset. Then click on the
Focal Area tab and select the section of the image to display per configured screen resolution.
Build the image URL
The context root
|The imaging servlet and the related generator|
|The name of the variation set to use|
|The name of the variation set configuration to use|
|The requested size Width x Height|
|The JCR workspace|
|The asset path|
The system will return the configuration for the closest lowest width configuration. If the system cannot find any focal area, then it returns the original picture.
The HTML5 <picture> tag
The module registers an additional templating function
respdamfn which allows you to get the different image URLs per configured screen resolution.
- This module is at INCUBATOR level.
- Version 1.1.4
- Version 1.1.3
- RESPDAM-14 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Version 1.1
- Updated for Magnolia 6.0 compatibility.
- Version 1.0.13
- Version 1.0.12
- RESPDAM-10 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Version 1.0.11
- RESPDAM-8 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Version 1.0.10
- RESPDAM-5 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Version 1.0.9
- Version 1.0.8
- Fixed bug when uploading new assets
- Version 1.0.7 - Initial release of the extensions version of the module.
- Moved the variation definition from the component level to the DAM level