The Campaign Manager module allows you to create, manage and schedule campaigns and rich banners in one place with comprehensive editing options.
Use the Campaign Manager module to craft appealing campaigns with complex layouts.
Each campaign you create is essentially a component you can then use in a page. While content apps focus on managing structured content, the Campaign Manager module provides an authoring experience similar to that of the Pages editor with visual feedback and layout capabilities.
Maven is the easiest way to install the module. Add the following dependency to your bundle:
Creating managed campaigns requires the proper configurations to be in place first.
- Set the
defaultBaseUrlproperty in the server configuration. See
- Configure the available page templates in the campaign manager module:
Campaign templates typically contain a default header and footers to give authors visual feedback on how the campaign will appear.
To make sure that the default headers and footers are not included when the campaign is displayed on a page, the following tags should be applied in your campaign template:
From the Campaign Manager app you can create an manage campaigns. Click Add campaign to add a new campaign. You are required to provide the following parameters for a new campaign:
- Name: Give your campaign a meaningful name so that content editors are able to tell one campaign from another.
- Starts on: The start date/time for the campaign.
- Ends on: The end date/time for the campaign.
The campaign acts as a container for the campaign items. A campaign item is an element of the campaign for defining content. You are required to provide the following parameters for a new campaign item:
- Name: Each campaign item should define a meaningful name. In most cases "Banner" can be used as a name.
- Template: Select the campaign template to be used. Campaign templates are defined in the module config here.
- Tag: Tagging helps identify campaigns of a certain type or category.
Using Campaigns on Sites
The Campaign Manager module comes with a component template for linking campaigns to sites. Simply make the component available in the area of page where you would like to add a campaign.
Simple use the id of the template:
- This module is at INCUBATOR level.
- Versions prior to 2.0.4
- Used a different artifactId. Please make note of the change.
- Used a version of the template-extended module which had a different artifactId. Be sure you don't have
templating-extended.jarin your classpath after updating.
- Version 3.0.2
- Version 2.1.1
- CAMPMAN-7 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Version 2.1
- Updated for Magnolia 6.0 compatibility.
- Version 2.0.6
- Default action added to browser subapp
- Version 2.0.5
- Added missing keys and labels
- Version 2.0.4 - Initial release of the extensions version of the module.