This is how we translate documentation to other languages.
- Documentation team creates pages in the English wiki space DOCS.
- Translator copies the page to the foreign language space such as DOCSzh.
- Translator adds the page on the tracking sheet.
- Translator applies viewing restrictions to the page:
- Translator himself/herself
- When translation is complete, the translator informs the documentation team, unrestricts the page, and updates the tracking sheet.
With a translation agency
Agency process when lot of text must be translated:
- Send the agency URL to the pages that need translating.
- Grant the agency permission to export the pages.
- Count the words on the original page. Agency charges by word count.
- Set a deadline for the agency.