Full migration of Magnolia modules together with partial migration of your own modules.
Before you start magnolia add magnolia.migration.persistReport=true to your magnolia.properties. This will ensure that all reports are persisted and readable.
Now you should be ready to start Magnolia. On startup Magnolia will run all migration tasks triggered by Magnolia modules and of your own modules. These tasks will migrate the Magnolia modules completely and your modules partially.
The Migration module will also provide a report that tells you what was done and what is left to do. You should examine these proposed changes and use the script to finalize the transformation of your configuration. To finalize the transformation of your template scripts we provide a Groovy script that will update Freemarker scripts and adds more information to the report.
Please read run the migration tool before you begin to gain a better understanding of the required steps.
Start Magnolia and read the report
- Start Magnolia. It should start without errors (warnings may occur).
- Then look at the configuration. You will see that a lot of things have changed.
- Download the migration report in Tools > Migration Tool >Migration Report.
Configure and run the migration tool
- Go to Tools > Migration Tool
- In Select module, choose
- In Side definitions, select
- Click Run migration to start the migration process.
- Check the results in your log files as well as in the migration report.
As an alternative you can use the migration script which is located in AdminCentral under Tools > Scripts >
/scripts/migration/from4_4To4_5/templates/MigrateTemplateExecuteScripts. Open the file and configure the maps as follows:
Make sure the script is enabled before running it!
Run the script.