Since we are going to be moving a few modules from the Enterprise Edition into the community space in the future, I thought I'd spare a few sweat drops by sharing a few notes here.
Here's an overview of set of steps to take
- Create a jira issue, level "critical". Ideally we do this for a major version: makes it easier to find which version is where.
- Change parent pom (
- Change source files license headers
- Move the source in the scm. What about tags and branches ? Ideally, they shouldn't move (wrt tooling and licensing) but it might be confusing when browsing the repo. If that's ok, then:
- Think about moving artifacts in Maven repo. (probably not)
- Fix scm urls in the pom file.
- Fix Hudson project (scm url, name prefix, permissions)
- Fix Jira project (category, notifications, permissions)
- Store ?
- Docu ?
Simply update local copies with
svn switch http://svn.magnolia-cms.com/svn/...new..url...
: should be trivial
: pay extra attention. There could be side-effects.