M5 is under heavy development. For efficient development we'd need two verions of the ce-bundle
- all SNAPSHOT --> continuous testing, integration tests
- master (hudson job magnolia-bundle_trunk)
- latest releases only --> base for development, acceptance test, …
- stable bundle (http://hudson.magnolia-cms.com/job/magnolia-bundle_stable/)
- beneficial to be able to quickly release without longer preparation
Deliver both - a snapshot only version of the bundle e.g. used for development and a more stable version of the bundle having only the latest, tested & released versions of the contained modules.
After some investigations on
we came to the conclusion, the simplest solution would be to not use any additional plugin or profils but just do normal releases and append a version number that gets increased on each release.
For the new integration version of the bundle we'll simply create a branch (magnolia-bundle-5.0-intergration). The hudson job magnolia-bunlde_5.0-integration-branch will be using that branch.
structure of the version-number for an iteration
- <module-version-no>-m5-<alpha-version-no>-<iteration no>
- e.g. magnolia-ui-admin-central: 5.0-alpha2-1 for the first release, then 5.0-alpha2-2, etc...
release a next iteration
- when a story is finished, tested, reviewed and merged back to master an iteration should be released
- all affected modules have to be released (except the bundle itself)
- the version number of the newly released artifacts have to be entered in the ce-bundle
- make sure to manually trigger http://hudson.magnolia-cms.com/job/magnolia-bundle_stable/
- when the sprint ends well release the next alpha version of the bundle (e.g. alpha2)