Converting Easymock-Tests to Mockito is pretty easier (much easier than vice versa).
Here's what we usually do:
- remove static imports to all Easymock & Easymock-Classextension classes
- add import static org.mockito.Mockito.*;
- replace all create*Mock(<SomeClass>) with mock(<SomeClass>)
- replace all expect() with when()
- replace all andReturn() with thenReturn()
This is probably the point where you should care most. In EasyMock you setUp up verifications right between your expectations and verify them at the end of your test after mocks have been replayed.
With Mockito you add explicit verifications after the method to be tested has been called - which makes it much easier to use a BBD like GIVEN - WHEN - THEN approach
So when converting you should do the following:
- identify all calls of void methods on your mocks (myMock.setSomething("value"))
- move these calls down to the // THEN section (after the call to the method to be tested)
- replace the "myMock"'s with verify(myMock)
Caution: Mockito's mock() creates "nice" mocks per default - in case you really want to use strict mock's you'll have to do additional steps.
For additional info see the Mockito-Wiki.