This page acts as an organizer for the 5.4 Concepts.
For the "Develop Faster" Initiative:
- Many of the concepts aim to simplify by making related features behave more consistently.
- Front-end development with Magnolia should also become more similar to frontend development on other platforms so that developers can be familiar with, and productive with it sooner.
Organized based on Magnolia 5.5 roadmap
Always current, always up-to-date
- Concept -
Trouble-free and safe configuration in AdminCentral
- Concept - Working with "Active Configuration"
- Concept - Autosuggest in Configuration Tree
- Concept - Form Based Configuration
- Concept - Error Highlighting in Configuration Tree
- Concept - Help System for Configuration Tree
- Concept - Incremental Search and Filtering in Configuration Tree
- Concept - Undo and redo
- Concept - Visualize Inherited Nodes and Properties in Configuration Tree
- Concept - Fast Inline Editing in Configuration Tree
- Concept - Copy and Paste in Configuration Tree
- Concept - Prevent Dangerous Changes to Configuration Tree
- Concept - Prevent Publication of Author Only Configuration
- Concept - Configuration tree optimizations
Configure by code or file
Develop sites without knowing Java
Streamline working with resources
Minimal Templating Kit
- Concept - Integrate STK features into Magnolia
- Concept - Minimal Template Kit
- Concept - Showcase Demo (New "demo-project")
- Concept - Integration hooks for frontend build tools
- Concept - Modularized (drop-in) Components
- Also some work in progress: CMS Cell 5.4 Work
- Please see this and child pages: Ramp - Lower Entry Barriers