Implemented in 3.5
Observation module facilitates registering interest, monitoring and responding to events in a workspace.
Official Documentation Available
This topic is now covered in Observation module.
This page contains a summary of what has been discussed on the development of an observation module. This module will be used to add event handling on workspace actions.
- support commands and event listener classes
- deferred/delayed execution
- support scripting commands
- mandatory: path, workspace, event types, event listener class name
- default: active will be false by default, nodetype will have no restriction by default, include subnodes will be false by default
- optional: description, delay, maximum delay
- pass path and similar parameters to the command's context
- give activation command as an example
- commands are configurable (similar to the scheduler module)
- elaborate the example (notification on page modification by email)
There is a wrapper class ObservationUtil already in place in core Magnolia
- define phases
- 1. module with event listeners
- 2. commands (configured)
- implement example
- 3. scripting command (optional)