Draft for ?
Proposal for a tool in AdminCentral providing an all-in-one zip file for reporting issues.
- we've been discussing a couple of times the possibility to have a "tools" in the Magnolia ui that would prepare a package (zip file) containing all the info we typically need for support issues (logs, config files, config workspace, system information).
- provide a one-file to upload with support requests which is generated by a "tools" in Magnolia ui and contain all necessary info in a package/zip file that we typically need for support issues
- export of config workspace
- repo config files
- Operating System
- Application Server, JVM startup parameters
- Java version
- Database Version, driver, remote or local, bundled?
- Jackrabbit version, config files
- Magnolia version, stand alone? which modules
- full web-inf folder (listing, md5's)
Also interesting to note for inspiration:
- In Jira, at startup, detailed system info (properties, db config, ...) are outputted to logs
- In Confluence: the error 500 page contains (a lot of!) system info (props, plugins, ...)