Implemented in 4.4
Discussion points on deployment and access.. This problem was solved by adding support for deploying templates (FTL) and resources in repository and by adding support for Groovy models.
Official Documentation Available
This topic is now covered in Groovy module.
- deploying changes (to jsps, configuration) is complicated
- many developers do not have write access to the container
- two solutions for the same thing: modules / packager
- deploy modules without having write access to the server
- should be able to trigger update/install manually
- tool for uploading/installing a module jar
- extracting files from jcr content (jsp in repository)
- clustered instances (extract the files)
- you can't write to the filesystem in all containers
- concept 2 days
- implementation 5 days
This problem was solved by adding support for deploying templates (FTL) and resources in repository and by adding support for Groovy models.