Implemented in 4.3
Major steps already implemented. For planned improvements see (MAGNOLIA-3015@jira) which is split into several subtasks.
Official Documentation Available
This topic is now covered in API Javadoc.
A raw list of the things which could be (sometimes largely) improved in our current api:
- exception handling: inconsistent (MAGNOLIA-2746@jira) and to be reviewed
- naming and semantics; examples:
- Content.createNodeData() in fact does not necessarily create the property, but might overwrite it if it exists.
- Content.setNodeData() does of course the (wrong) opposite: creates the property if it does not exist.
- Given the above, NodeDataUtil.getOrCreate() and associated methods are useless.
- package; extract Visitor and Filter (MAGNOLIA-2422@jira)