Implemented in 3.6
Official Documentation Available
This topic is now covered in Backup module.
This page contains summary of finding and ideas identified while looking at possible use of JR backup tool for backup of Magnolia.
- easy to use
- minimum memory usage
- internal vs. external backup solution (as in invoked from magnolia or standalone)
- full backup or incremental
- hot backup (on running and fully functional system)
- speed of backup (specially important when hot backup can't be achieved and system has to run 'read only' while backup is running)
JR Backup tool - current state
PM Level Backup/Restore
- see how fast/slow the backup really is (on bigger site)
- test standalone JCR backup tool - JeCARS http://sourceforge.net/projects/jecars/
- Try to do backup/restore on PM level.