Retrieve module from the Git repository
In this example we look at how to check out the STK module from the Git repository.
- Go top http://git.magnolia-cms.com.
- Search for "standard-templating-kit" with the search tool.
- On the results, click modules/standard-templating-kit.git. The project summary is loaded.
- Copy the anonymous, read-only URL.
- Go to the command line and change to the directory where you would like to have your copy of the Standard Templating Kit project.
git cloneand paste in the URL. The complete command should will look like this:
git clone http://git.magnolia-cms.com/git/modules/standard-templating-kit.git.
Locate module Version
On the project summary on Gitweb site, under the "tags" section, look for the version tag you are interested in (2.0.3 in our example).
If the tag does not show up in the short list, click on "..." at the bottom of the list to reveal the full tag list of this project. Click on the standard-templating-kit-2.0.3 tag. This will give you the details of this 2.0.3-commit
git tag -l will list the tags in your terminal.
Once you know which tag you want, change into the
standard-templating-kit directory created by our
git clone command above and set the clone back to the desired version using the following command:
git checkout <tag name>
For more details, see the Git usage page.