- The freshest source is located at http://svn.magnolia-cms.com/svn/community/magnolia/trunk/
- Additional modules are available under http://svn.magnolia-cms.com/svn/community/modules/
- The bundle itself is a different project. It basically enhances
maven-empty-webappwith the DMS and workflow modules, and bundles 2 copies of the webapp with Tomcat. The sources are at http://svn.magnolia-cms.com/svn/community/bundle/trunk/
To check everything (Magnolia itself, all modules' trunks, the bundle project, and the archetypes) from subversion, execute the following in a shell:
checkout.sh is a script that simply checks out all known modules. It is paired with
It will be generally expected that you understand the basic principles of Maven and other tools you use.
To create patches just run:
svn diff > your-changes.patch
or if you have changed files you want to disregard:
svn diff changed files > your-changes.patch
If you're attaching this to Jira (which is about the only way you'll get your patch applied anyway), a good idea would be to include the issue id in the filename.
patch -p 0 < this-change.patch
Magnolia uses Subversion for source code management. It is similar to CVS, but has better support for refactoring and a better revision system.
- Subversion - The core system (server, cli client, libs)
- Subversive - SVN Team Client (Eclipse plugin)
- TortoiseSVN - Handy SVN client for Windows systems
- Subclipse - the "older" Eclipse plugin
Magnolia is a multi-module project and is built using maven.
JSR 170 - Java Content Repository
- http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170 - The official specification
- http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jcr/ - Introduction to JCR
- http://jsr170tools.day.com/crx/index.jsp - Day's (the company heading the JCR-spec) JCR resources
- http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html - The J2EE tutorial
- http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tags/12/syntaxref12.html - JSP syntax
- http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/index.html - JSTL syntax refernce
- http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=30946&seqNum=4&rl=1 - Article on JSTL